as of 04-23-2019
Donor Eligibility Specialist: This individual will provide information about tissue donation to potential donor families throughout Central Texas, as well as offer support during the early hours of their loss.
- Evaluate potential donor information for acceptability according to written criteria.
- Perform an authorization for tissue donation process with donor families, as well as conduct an interview to obtain medical and social history information about the potential donor.
- Oversee and coordinate the tissue donor case with the surgical recovery team and external service partners, as applicable.
- Follow FDA, AATB, and UTR guidelines, protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate with shared service partners and involved entities on shared referrals and/or donor cases to facilitate the donation process. This may include medical examiner’s offices, justices of the peace, funeral homes, eye banks, and organ banks.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Complete and verify required documentation according to written procedures prior to recovery.
- Responsible for logistical coordination of donors cases with the surgical recovery team.
- HS diploma or equivalent, & 1-2 years of science or health science background required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as health sciences, psychology, social work, or interpersonal communication fields is preferred.
- Must be able to exercise discretion, as well as compassion, respect, and concern for families in their time of grief. Exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Must be available to work 3, 12-hour shifts per week and flexible on-call schedule.
- Must be able to work from home & attend office hours weekly.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid TX driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record. EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Click here to apply now.