as of 08-019-2019
(Consent Coordinator) Donor Eligibility Specialist: This individual will provide information about tissue donation to potential donor families throughout Central Texas, as well as offer support during the early hours of their loss.
- Evaluate potential donor information for acceptability according to written criteria.
- Perform an authorization for tissue donation process with donor families, as well as conduct an interview to obtain medical and social history information about the potential donor.
- Oversee and coordinate the tissue donor case with the surgical recovery team and external service partners, as applicable.
- Follow FDA, AATB, and UTR guidelines, protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate with shared service partners and involved entities on shared referrals and/or donor cases to facilitate the donation process. This may include medical examiner’s offices, justices of the peace, funeral homes, eye banks, and organ banks.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Complete and verify required documentation according to written procedures prior to recovery.
- Responsible for logistical coordination of donors cases with the surgical recovery team.
- HS diploma or equivalent, & 1-2 years of science or health science background required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as health sciences, psychology, social work, or interpersonal communication fields is preferred.
- Must be able to exercise discretion, as well as compassion, respect, and concern for families in their time of grief. Exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Must be available to work 3, 12-hour shifts per week and flexible on-call schedule.
- Must be able to work from home & attend office hours weekly.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid TX driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
Click here to apply now.
Surgical Recovery Tech I PRN- Perform surgical recovery procedures by acting as either a surgical circulator or surgical cutter
- Responsible for the adherence to all FDA and AATB standards and guidelines, as well as company policies, including the requirements detailed in Standard Operating Procedures.
- Completing recovery documentation to ensure accuracy, clarity and compliance to cGTP/ cGMP regulations.
- Perform all duties of a surgical circulator including, but not limited to, the handling of sterile surgical supplies and equipment, instrument care and cleaning, and surgical recovery process flows.
- Able to perform all duties of a surgical cutter including, but not limited to, the aseptic recovery of human tissue for transplantation, aseptic packaging and labeling of recovered tissue, and donor reconstruction following tissue recovery.
- Own the experience by meeting and exceeding customer service standards for internal and external customers: Stay in the know, Get funky, Open doors, Applause feels good and Cross the line.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer certification as a Surgical Technician (CST), or two years of work experience in surgical or critical care environment, or previous experience in the Tissue Banking industry. May substitute certification and previous work experience with two years of college education in a related health care or science field.
- Must be able to work with a cadaver and have a good understanding of human anatomy.
- Must be organized and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be precise, accurate and detail-oriented.
- Ability to adapt to change and exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Meeting requirement to be an approved driver for We Are Blood/United Tissue Resources is preferred. The requirements are as follows: must be 21 years of age or older, able to provide proper license credentials, a copy of a current and acceptable driving record and proof of insurance.
- Must be able lift 250 lbs with assistance and 50 lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to quickly develop a good understanding of surgical conscience and aseptic technique.
- Must be able to perform with a high level of manual dexterity.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and participate in an on-call rotation- PRN
- Must be able to travel with little notice.
- Must be able to work around bio-hazardous material.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Must be able to assimilate information and draw reasonable conclusions.
Click here to apply now!
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Drug-free workplace.